Demelza Cottage is a charming 250 year old riverside holiday cottage in the lovely village of Polperro, Cornwall sleeping up to five. It's also dog friendly and we allow up to two well behaved dogs.
Once a fishermans cottage it oozes character and charm and is one of the prettiest holiday cottages in Polperro. The cottage is deceptively spacious, with a large sitting room, separate dining room and garden. Situated on Little Green, the River Pol runs beside the cottage and is only moments from Polperro harbour and all the pubs and restaurants yet Demelza is tucked away in a peaceful location away from the main thoroughfare of Polperro.
Gardens are rare in Polperro holiday cottages so close to the harbour yet Demelza Cottage has its own private garden reached by French windows from the dining room and is ideal for alfresco dining. The garden is enclosed and a real suntrap as it gets the sun for most of the day.
In the lounge is a lovely wood burning stove in an original inglenook fireplace - wonderful for those cosy winter evenings.
The holiday cottage has 3 floors, with the large master bedroom on the top floor complete with en-suite facilities, a king size bed and antique furniture - this room is the perfect romantic retreat.
On the floor below there is another spacious bedroom with slate window seat. This room has a huge superking bed which can convert to adult sized single beds if required. Also on this floor is a single room with views to the valley beyond.
On the ground floor, as well as the living accommodation and fully equipped kitchen, there is the family bathroom.
- Three bedrooms: super king, king and a single
- The super king can convert to two single beds
- One bathroom and one en-suite shower room
- Garden with patio furniture
- Superfast fibre broadband
- Parking included
- Dishwasher and washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Linen and towels
- Dog friendly - Up to two dogs welcome
- Note - Headroom height in the super king/twin is 5 feet 10 inches & in the single bedroom 5 feet 9 inches
- One of the prettiest Polperro holiday cottages full of history and character